Under the responsibility of the President, the incumbent is responsible for designing, coding, testing et maintaining company software applications according to product requirements.
A dynamic team
4 weeks of vacation
A flexible schedule
Lots of social activities
- Collect information about product requirements from superiors or users;
- Convert product requirements in software requirements;
- Design and code in-house software in partnership with colleagues;
- Perform code reviews of colleagues;
- Carry-out tests on developed software;
- Maintain the software;
- Train and support employees on the developed software;
- Document source code and completed research work;
- Contribute to company product improvement by giving ideas about possible improvements or finding solutions to issues.
Training and experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or software engineering;
- Have 1 to 2 years of experience in software development;
- Having experience with the Agile Scrum methodology is an asset.
Computer and lagnuage skills
- Essential computer skill : good knowledge of C++ language;
- Essential skill : have good knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Assets : knowledge of 3D triangular meshes and NURBS curves and surfaces;
- Asset : have experience with 3D modelling;
- Be able to read English documents.
Skills and other requirements
- Have good analytical capacities and complex problem solving skills;
- Be constantly mindful of the patient’s well-being;
- Demonstrate high levels of organisation by conducting strict follow-ups with relevant people;
- Be rigorous and very precise;
- Be autonomous and resourceful;
- Be able to find the most efficient solution when resolving issues, either by self-study or by consulting with colleagues;
- Have a good sense of cooperation, particularly in problem solving and exchange of information between colleagues.
Tools used in the Workplace
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Company computer systems;
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and newer versions;
- Review Board.