Under the responsibility of the Production Manager, the incumbent is responsible for programming tool paths in the CAM software for the machining of parts, inspecting parts before and after machining, and make any other adaptation to the tools to ensure quality machined products.
A dynamic team
4 weeks of vacation
A flexible schedule
Lots of social activities
- Read and interpret drawings in order to determine the necessary machining operations;
- Program the tool paths in the CAM software to operate the 5 axis high-speed machining digitally-controlled milling machine to manufacture parts;
- Start machine operation and monitor the proper functioning of the process;
- Prepare and inspect parts before and after machining to ensure they conform to company quality standards.
Training and experience
- Diploma of College Studies in mechanical engineering/production, Diploma of Vocational Studies in machining techniques, Attestation of Vocation Specialization in machining with digital control machine-tools;
- Experience in machining or as machinist in the digital field is an asset.
Computer and lagnuage skills
- Have a methodical mind;
- Be mindful of offering quality products;
- Work meticulously;
- Have a good sense of observation;
- Have visual-spatial skills;
- Have good problem solving capacities.
Skills and other requirements
- Be courteous and have good and have good interpersonal skills;
- Value customer service excellence;
- Be resourceful when conducting information research;
- Have a good problem solving capacity;
- Exercise discretion;
- Have a strong sense of organisation.
Tools used in the Workplace
- CAM software;
- 5 axis high-speed machining CNC machine;
- Standard toolbox manual tools (wrench, screwdriver, etc.).